MUSIC IN THE VINES 2017 - MACARTHUR, VICTORIA
Macarthur's inaugural Music in the Vines Festival is set to kick off at 2pm on 4 March 2017. This music festival will be a one-day event with a great line-up of regional artists, local food and wines from the Henty Wine Region. This is a family-friendly festival and we hope you will enjoy what the region has to offer.
We open the gates Saturday morning, 4th March 2017, at 10am and close the gates at 11pm the evening.
It's held amongst the beautiful vineyards of Suffoir Vineyard (144 Mount Eccles Road, Macarthur), only 2km away from Macarthur, Victoria.
We are looking forward to announcing our line-up for 2017 in the coming months!
Below is a list of artists that performed at our inaugural Music in the Vines festival in 2016:
2016 Australia Country Music Awards Golden Guitar Winner (Male Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, Toyota Heritage Song of the Year, APRA AMCOS Song of the Year and Single of the Year).
Shane Howard Trio
Shane Howard has been made a member of the Order of Australia for his “significant service to the performing arts as a singer, songwriter and guitarist, to the recording industry, and to indigenous musicians”.
- Phil Holmes
- Kayla Dwyer
- Rhys Crimmin
- Nancie Schipper
- Cooper Lower
FOOD AND DRINKS:
There’s plenty of great food that will be on offer at Music in the Vines 2017. We are inviting a range of our favourite food vendors to the site, ensuring that there will be something to tickle your tastebuds.
A great festival needs great drinks, and while we CANNOT ALLOW ANY BYO ALCOHOL for the occasion, our bars will be stocked with well-priced drinks. There will also be FREE wine-tastings, and wine sales on offer from some of the best wineries that the Henty Wine Region has to offer.
Unfortunately there will not be any accommodation available at the Music in the Vines festival site itself. However, we will be running a free shuttle service between Suffoir Vineyard and Macarthur throughout the day for your convenience.
A few options to consider:
FREE camping at the Rec Reserve, Macarthur
Camping at Mount Eccles National Park
Macarthur Park Country Cottages
Macarthur is also a convenient, central place to stay to visit all that the region has to offer. Port Fairy (45mins), Warnnambool (60mins), Portland (50mins) (birthplace of Victoria), Hamilton (30mins), Casterton (60mins), Coleraine (45mins), Dunkeld (45mins) to name a few.
PARKING & SHUTTLE SERVICE:
Free car parking will be available at the venue (Suffoir Vineyard, 144 Mount Eccles Road, Macarthur, Vic, 3286).
A Shuttle bus will be running throughout the day, with collection points at:
Macarthur Recreational Reserve
Mount Eccles National Park
A FESTIVAL WITH A PURPOSE:
We are a small group of people that have come together to form a not-for-profit organisation, Music in the Vines Inc., with the aim of achieving an annual music festival in Macarthur. We are all locals of the small, rural town that has a population of just over 600 people.
We consider Macarthur to be a supportive community town; the gateway to the Mount Eccles National Park/Bunj Bim, and we would love to show the wider population what Macarthur has to offer. With support from the local groups and organisations, Music in the Vines Inc. can envision a music festival at a local winery and cellar door that will showcase local and international music groups to the wider community. We feel that this concept would not only inject funds into the local community, but will also put Macarthur on the map.
What can I bring to the festival?
- Festival ticket
- A reusable water bottle, to fill up from the free taps on site
- Sun tan lotion
- Picnic blanket, camping chairs
- ID (Original ID documents (not photocopies) can be requested at Bar)
- Mark valuables with house name and postcode so it can be posted back to you
- Food for personal consumption
What NOT to bring to the festival?
- NO BYO ALCOHOL will be allowed on-site. Any BYO alcohol found on-site will be confiscated and persons may face eviction.
- Please do not bring your own Gazebo, as this do not comply with our OH&S policy
- Please don’t bring anything in a glass bottle (even perfume) it will be confiscated if found.
- You may be searched at the entrance for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner – which will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities on-site may also be searched and face eviction.
- No portable laser equipment or pens are permitted
- NO animals (except registered guide dogs), sound systems, generators, sky lanterns or kites, unauthorised fireworks, or wax flares. Persons using fireworks will be evicted from site and materials confiscated.
- No unauthorised tape recorders, professional film or video equipment are allowed onsite. Cameras for personal use are welcome.
- Flying or filming with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs, or so-called drones) is not allowed on site before, during or after the festival.
- Too much stuff so you can’t take it home again
MUSIC IN THE VINES 2016
Macarthur's inaugural Music in the Vines Festival kicked off on the 5 March 2016, with TROY CASSAR-DALEY performing as the headline act! This inaugural music festival was a great day out with a great line-up of regional artists, local food and wines from the Henty Wine Region. We had over 400 people attending the event and hope to make 2017 even better. This is a family-friendly festival and we hope you will enjoy what the region has to offer. Below is a time-lapse video showing the 2016 event.